Happy Birthday Sami!!!

Sami's birthday fell on a Saturday this year so we made ourselves unavailable for anything else other than a day of family fun!
 A collection of Sami's loves...
 ...and his first two of course!
 La was dead keen to make her Baba a birthday breakfast - grapes, banana, cheese and olive fruit salad.
 A sweet and salty mix of goodness...
 ...and to his credit, Sami ate it all. This is Love.
 Off to the beach for a swim and some lunch.
 Leyla is never far from the strawberries.
 Sami was relieving his childhood earlier jumping off the jetty. La hopped in but wasn't keen on the jumping in part.
 Leyla clamoring over the rocks...
 ...desperate to do whatever her big sister is doing!
 Together again after a month apart.
  We couldn't go home without having an ice cream at the beach.
 Home again and cleaned up ready for Jill, Morgs and Lucho to come over for a birthday tea.
 Glad that La brushed her hair for the occasion...
...not so much that she brushed Leyla's though!!!
 Sami's cake. He and La chose it. "Really?" I said. I asked if he was sure (pointing to the cake book where it's a number 10) and he said yes. Not shying away from ageing is Sami.
 I found out later that it was the lamington cake part that he was most interested in more than the number itself. I don't know if he thought I was going to make the number 10 and pretend, but that wouldn't have washed with La. So I made a 41. 
This is a good example of our stellar communication skills.
Make a wish! xox

0 comments: